Shop ALL products
Free Shipping on retail orders over $100, use code FREESHIPPING100
(Excludes AK, HI, and Wholesale)
This beautiful and useful Danish Dough Whisk is made of stainless steel, and the wooden handle was laser-engraved by Sara Page, who just happens to be Janie's Mill owner Harold Wilken's niece! It's perfect for mixing bread dough, cookie dough, pizza dough, quick breads, cornbread, pancakes, biscuits, cakes, and other desserts. It also makes a perfect gift!
According to Serious Eats, a Danish dough whisk is the best hand tool for doughs and batters. Here are a few of their reasons:
- Mixes doughs and batters gently but thoroughly, and is much more efficient and quicker than mixing with a wooden spoon.
- Can be turned on its edge and used like a knife to cut into stiff doughs -- especially useful when you want to incorporate dry ingredients.
- Its round, smooth outline means it hugs tightly to the inner surface of a bowl to help pull dough away from it easily and to get at pockets of dry flour.
- Great for stirring and eliminating lumps from pots of porridge, grits, polenta, and even thick soups,
- It doesn't get glommed up when working with thick mixtures, like a balloon whisk does, and it's easy to clean.
Great to Use In:
I love this dough whisk! Not only does it look really cool, it actually works so well. I love making bread by hand, and this little guy helps me really mix my dough and scrape the edges of the bowl before I autolyse. I highly recommend it!
The dough whisk mixes more evenly than a spoon. It is even sturdier than I expected, and easier to use to mix than a spoon.
Certifications You Can Trust
We are proud to have these three 3rd-party certification seals on every single product that comes out of Janie’s Mill. They show you that an independent organization has determined that our products comply with specific requirements for safety, quality, and provenance. You can then enjoy Janie’s Mill products in full confidence that they are organic, kosher, wholesome, and delicious!