Shop ALL products
Free Shipping on retail orders over $100, use code FREESHIPPING100
(Excludes AK, HI, and Wholesale)
Apple & Oat Dog Biscuits
These Apple & Oat Dog Biscuits require only a few wholesome ingredients and received rave reviews (5 Woofs!) from my family’s three dogs.
Dogs are omnivores, which means that grains are a healthy part of their diet. Flax meal adds in Omega-3 fatty acids to help support healthy skin, coat, and joints. I like to break these treats up into smaller pieces for training.
Yield: approximately 25 dog treats
- 2 cups Janie’s Mill Whole Grain Oats
- ½ cup Flax Meal
- 1 cup grated apple (about 2 medium-sized apples)*
- 1 cup peanut butter**
*Make sure to remove the core of the apple before grating. No need to remove the skin.
**When choosing peanut butter, make sure to double-check the ingredient list for xylitol. Xylitol is a sweetener that is toxic to dogs and is sometimes added to human foods, like peanut butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ͦ F.
- Pulse the oats in a food processor, blender, or coffee grinder until it resembles coarsely ground flour.
- Remove the core of the apples and grate.
- Mix the ground oats, grated apple, and peanut butter until it forms a ball.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until is about ¼ inch thick. Dust the rolling pin and work surface with flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Cut into your preferred shape using a cookie cutter or knife.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on a baking sheet until golden brown on the bottoms.
- Place on a metal rack until cool.
- Store in an airtight container. For longer storage, place in the freezer.
- Share with your pups!
Posted on March 22 2022